MEMBERSHIP OF THE BLACK ROSE CAVING CLUB
Membership of the BRCC is open to anyone over the age of 18 (why 18?)
We welcome people new to the sport and will provide training to novices, we have produced a Fact Sheet
which provides some information on what is needed on your first trip.
The club is based around Northern England with members in Lancashire, Cumbria, Yorkshire and a few from further away. We actively visit caves, mines etc in the north and occasionally further
a-field. We aim to provide an easy going relaxed caving club free from the excessive bureaucracy some clubs possess.
Main benefits of membership:-
- Caving membership : £15 per year. £15 membership fee applies to joining in Jan/Feb/Mar - there are reduced fees for joining later in the year (see application pack.)
- Public Liability Insurance is required to join the club, available for £17/year (2013 rate) unless you have it via another club and as per membership fee, reduced fees available for joining later in the year.
- We don't have a rigid probationary period - but before becoming a full member we do expect you to turn up on a couple of our club meets.
- Caving trips organised on a reasonable number of Saturdays, some Sundays and very occasionally mid week and to all caves and pots - not just the usual / classic / popular / tourist trips.
- We also organise some weekends away each year to other caving regions like South Wales or the Mendips.
- Basic training given to those that require it on ladder work, SRT, rigging etc.
- Club has membership of the British Caving Association, for access to permits, publications etc and also provides a means of obtaining insurance to allow access to most UK caves/pots.
- Reasonable and ever growing collection of magazines and surveys in the library (certain articles / documents available online.)
- Exploration / digging is occasionaly undertaken, we have a number of basic tools and bits of equipment available for use.
- Website updated regularly with meets information, and brief notes (or occasionally full reports) plus photos of previous trips.
- We also have a forum for meets, club and other topics (part public, mostly for members only). Information and links on cave access in the UK.
Listings of club huts across the UK and what caves they are near. Club documents available for download. Information on tackle and usage/care etc.
A list of our libraries contents - including access to club newsletters, online surveys, rigging topos and various other digitisable documents.
Download the membership application packThis contains a new member application form along with membership details/costs < THIS CAN BE PRINTED ON BOTH SIDES OF A SINGLE A4 SHEET >. Please also view the constitution.
If you want any information on caving or want to know something about the club - please check out our about page which provides a brief overview of us, also the FAQ page where you will find a number of frequently asked questions on caving and the club.
Not sure if you like caving or maybe you're not sure if you want to join the club? Then why not get in touch and we can arrange a suitable trip for you and you can make your decision afterwards..